Peep Week 2013!

peep2013Welcome to Peep Week 2013!

We have been working on Peep Week for about…two days. Yes, we are a little bit behind this year but we shall persevere! We shall flyeth by the seats of our pantseths!

This year, there is added excitement as the Peeps are celebrating their 60th Anniversary! They are so excited and have been partying into the night – I’ve had to go downstairs on numerous occasions and tell them to be quiet and stay out of the liquor cabinet. Peeps! Imps! Pimps! Wait – no.

From my extensive research, I have found that there are two new Peep products this year and one of those is the 60th Anniversary Peep.

To kick off Peep Week, I assembled a panel of taste-testers to try it out!

So, our judges were split and unhappy that I got the deciding vote. If you have tried the 60th Anniversary Peep, make sure to give us your opinion in the comments!

Onward!

12 Responses to Peep Week 2013!
  1. Ethan
    March 25, 2013 | 9:13 am

I’ve determined from your years of Peep videos that the worse they smell, the better they taste.

March 25, 2013 | 4:44 pm

Really? I cannot confirm that.

2. shayla
    March 25, 2013 | 9:22 am

“let the people decide for themselves!”

crap, i don’t usually eat the peeps, but i’m going to have to stop and get a few. i’ll report back.

March 25, 2013 | 4:44 pm

You must report back!

3. Missy
    March 25, 2013 | 10:41 am

I overheard an upper middle-aged couple at the store talking about Peeps. One of them had never heard of them or ever tried them, and the other loves them. I thought this was interesting and I tried to listen in to hear if the first person was speaking with a heavy accent or something else that would clue me in as to why they had never heard of Peeps. I had to move before I could get any intell. Maybe he had been Amish? I suppose love for Peeps is less common too. You would know better about that.

March 25, 2013 | 4:45 pm

Do the Amish enjoy peeps? Perhaps this is an issue to explore next year – documentary style!

4. Anthony
    March 25, 2013 | 10:46 am

At about 2:05…

Cameraperson: (impatiently) Speed up your thoughts?

Zeca: It’s a Peep with…sugar.

Cameraperson: (offscreen) Hmm.

(Camera dismisses Zeca and quickly pans to Georgia)

March 25, 2013 | 4:46 pm

The camera person cannot wait for slow thinkers! The camera person has 7 days of videos to make!

5. Lovingly/Mockingly Referred to as Pretty-Girl on this Blog, But More of an Occasionally-Handsome-Middle-Aged-Butch
    March 25, 2013 | 1:09 pm

Beautiful to watch the democratic process unfold.

March 25, 2013 | 4:46 pm

Did you come here to reveal more peep week secrets?!

6. Sunski
    March 26, 2013 | 11:16 am

Happy Peeps week!

Doubtful that I’ll try 60th Anniversary Peeps. Candy that doesn’t involve chocolate just doesn’t really do it for me.

But I really wanted to ask if you’ve heard of the American Bar Association’s Peeps in Law diorama contest. It’s too late to enter this year (and I’m not sure whether you’re allowed to enter if you’re not an ABA member), but thought you’d be amused:

7. Pepibebe
    April 9, 2013 | 2:10 pm

Hi there,
    Well for someone that detests the expression totes adorbs, your clip was totes adorbs! And I’m not being facetious, it really was cute.
    Since I’m from NZ I have no idea what peeps taste like, and to be honest, until this Easter of following lots of US blogs, if never even heard of them.
    They do not look very nice. But if you wish to post a packet to NZ I could be persuaded to try one. Just email me for my postal address ;-)
    What is the texture like?
    I’m off to read your peep post marathon and educate myself.